Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to close port 68?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    How to close port 68?

    It's the only port i have open, wanted to know how to close it. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    What did you do to close 6000?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    Hell if I know, I just had all my ports scanned when i got online running knoppix 3.6 from the CD. Five or so were in closed, all the rest were stealthed, and that port was wide open

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by vtechstu
    Hell if I know, I just had all my ports scanned when i got online running ....
    You may have used a scan that doesn't really check all ports. Some sites (like Steve Gibson's site www.grc.com ) by default only check common ports. But Steve's site (and likely others) does have an option that will check other ports. I would suggest that you check port 6000 specifically. If you didn't do anything to close it then I think you'll find it open (mine is). I don't know what it is, so I'm more concerned about it than port 68. I'm not too concerned about either in my own case, but that's because I run from CD (much harder to infect me) and because I'm behind a firewall (Scanners will never see any of my ports open if I haven't opened the firewall for them).

Similar Threads

  1. How to get a list of parrallel port and serial port?
    By kn2user in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
  2. how to close Xserver for nvidia?
    By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:13 AM
  3. how close to Debian after install?
    By florin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:12 PM
  4. Why does xine close?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
  5. Programs won't close!!!!
    By computerkid14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR picture

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR

$37.40



Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New picture

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New

$33.50



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$36.99



OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576 picture

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576

$26.99



Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY picture

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY

$32.99



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95