Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wifi Problems ... Unable to set essid on Belkin F5D7000uk

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sventhebrit
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve
    Pleased to have been of assistance. However, I admit that before I read [i]this/i] post when logging on this morning I was stumped.

    I am pleased you let everyone including me know what the final issue was; I'll file that away for the next time someone gets stuck

    Grant D. Vallance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with RTT2500 Wifi/ Knoppix 3.8
    By ecspike in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
  2. Problems with Belkin WiFi
    By iD:0t in forum Networking
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
  4. Belkin F5D6020 wlan card problems
    By extricator71 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
  5. odd problems with belkin pcmcia network card
    By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Motherboard Lot: MSI MS-4138 VLB 486 DX4-120 + Macronix 386DX Combo RAM picture

Vintage Motherboard Lot: MSI MS-4138 VLB 486 DX4-120 + Macronix 386DX Combo RAM

$175.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$325.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8 picture

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8

$34.95



Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial picture

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial

$89.99



Adobe FrameMaker 7.0 Windows Full Retail 27910385 CD NEW SEALED Vintage Software picture

Adobe FrameMaker 7.0 Windows Full Retail 27910385 CD NEW SEALED Vintage Software

$249.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00



Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED picture

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED

$58.85