Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wifi Problems ... Unable to set essid on Belkin F5D7000uk

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sventhebrit
    WORKING -- FANTASTIC
    This post is from my Knoppix client.

    Ok here goes. It must have been a half hearted attempt to get it working without WEP.

    When I tried to reconfigure my access point with WEP again so the other XP PCs reconnected, I got no connections. I then realised I had been using an incorrect WEP password - got one of the capital letters wrong (teach me to have such a complicated one). As soon as I used the right one, I could set the correct essid first time.

    A network AP so secure that event the owner cannot get in.

    Thanks for your help Grant, without it I would have given up by now

    Steve
    Pleased to have been of assistance. However, I admit that before I read [i]this/i] post when logging on this morning I was stumped.

    I am pleased you let everyone including me know what the final issue was; I'll file that away for the next time someone gets stuck

    Grant D. Vallance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with RTT2500 Wifi/ Knoppix 3.8
    By ecspike in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
  2. Problems with Belkin WiFi
    By iD:0t in forum Networking
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
  4. Belkin F5D6020 wlan card problems
    By extricator71 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
  5. odd problems with belkin pcmcia network card
    By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server w/ 2* Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 CPU, NO RAM,NO HDDs picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server w/ 2* Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 CPU, NO RAM,NO HDDs

$74.80