-

Originally Posted by
kelmo
You need to broadcast for an ip adress, or assign one depending on how your router is configured.
So do something like this:-
ifconfig wlan0 up (maybe not neccessar)
iwconfig wlan0 essid wireless key keyname
pump -i wlan0 (ip by dhcp)
Kelmo,
I tried what you suggested, but I still cannot input the essid on the card. When I type 'pump -i wlan0' it just errors after about 40 seconds -- Operation failed. I have another PC with an identical network card -- it tried to get it working on this PC and got the same problem. I have also manually entered the settings (IP adressess, etc)
Do you think this could be driver related. The one I am using is bcmwl5a which was advised in another post. The one that came with the card is bcmwl5 but this just locks the PC when you try to install with the ndiswrapper utility.
Any help appreciated ?
Thanks
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By ecspike in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
-
By iD:0t in forum Networking
Replies: 45
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By extricator71 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
-
By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98