Try some of the different cheatcodes at
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
Try the newer version of knoppix.
acpi and apm are sometimes the culprit.
My PC freezes when trying to load Knoppix 3.4 (no customizing) at system start.
I see that the process starts to recognize my usb, firewire (okay) and hard drives and then seems to stall (I have 2 additional hd's connected to a PCI-based controller card). The HD led is solid and no activity for around 15 mins when I'm finally forced to hard-reset the PC.
My thought is that some piece of hardware, either HD or usb-based, is unrecognizable by Knoppix and it hangs. Should all usb, etc. connected hardware be unplugged prior to loading Knoppix?
BTW, ERD Commander has no problems loading in the same manner.
-----------------------
Scott
Try some of the different cheatcodes at
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
Try the newer version of knoppix.
acpi and apm are sometimes the culprit.

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$245.00
Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards
$145.00
SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
$675.00
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00