Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Using Knoppix 3.6 with a proxy server

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Using Knoppix 3.6 with a proxy server

    I am wanting to start to use Knoppix to scan my NTFS partitions for virus' using F-Prot. This is from work so there is a proxy server that I must go through. I know the address and port, but whenever I input the info into Knoppix, once it is booted up, I use the "Install Software from disk" (this is Knoppix 3.6). From there I try to install F-Prot, my problem is that when it tries to get the program and updates from the FTP site, it can't. I have made sure that the FTP setting under the proxy server settings is correct and it still can't connect. It says something like "no tunnel" or "connection failed". Any help with this will be very helpful. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    from terminal screen :

    sudo export http_proxy=http://myproxy.xxx.xxxortnumber
    sudo export ftp_proxy=http://myproxy.xxx.xxxortnumber

    and from this same terminal launch any script which has to know the proxysettings.


    Hope this'll set you on the right track

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Nada

    That didn't work. I am sort of a begginer when it comes to Linux. Is there another way I can make this work and use the GUI front end for F-Prot?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Maybe you need to authenticate to the proxy in which case the above becomes:

    export http_proxy=user:password@proxy_host:portnumber

Similar Threads

  1. Question regarding proxy server
    By X_ArchAngel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
  2. Running a Proxy server on a Bootable Knoppix CD?
    By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
  3. Installing f-prot when behind a proxy server?
    By MaldiGola in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
  4. Making a Knoppix proxy server...
    By Gustafus in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
  5. Knoppix as proxy server
    By NBCthreat in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98