-
Using Knoppix 3.6 with a proxy server
I am wanting to start to use Knoppix to scan my NTFS partitions for virus' using F-Prot. This is from work so there is a proxy server that I must go through. I know the address and port, but whenever I input the info into Knoppix, once it is booted up, I use the "Install Software from disk" (this is Knoppix 3.6). From there I try to install F-Prot, my problem is that when it tries to get the program and updates from the FTP site, it can't. I have made sure that the FTP setting under the proxy server settings is correct and it still can't connect. It says something like "no tunnel" or "connection failed". Any help with this will be very helpful. Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
from terminal screen :
sudo export http_proxy=http://myproxy.xxx.xxx
ortnumber
sudo export ftp_proxy=http://myproxy.xxx.xxx
ortnumber
and from this same terminal launch any script which has to know the proxysettings.
Hope this'll set you on the right track
-
Nada
That didn't work. I am sort of a begginer when it comes to Linux. Is there another way I can make this work and use the GUI front end for F-Prot?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Maybe you need to authenticate to the proxy in which case the above becomes:
export http_proxy=user:password@proxy_host:portnumber
Similar Threads
-
By X_ArchAngel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By Gustafus in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
-
By NBCthreat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00