-
Using Knoppix 3.6 with a proxy server
I am wanting to start to use Knoppix to scan my NTFS partitions for virus' using F-Prot. This is from work so there is a proxy server that I must go through. I know the address and port, but whenever I input the info into Knoppix, once it is booted up, I use the "Install Software from disk" (this is Knoppix 3.6). From there I try to install F-Prot, my problem is that when it tries to get the program and updates from the FTP site, it can't. I have made sure that the FTP setting under the proxy server settings is correct and it still can't connect. It says something like "no tunnel" or "connection failed". Any help with this will be very helpful. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By X_ArchAngel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By jpkennedy79 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:49 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By Gustafus in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 01:10 AM
-
By NBCthreat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99