Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: XFCE4.2 ROX LIVE

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    XFCE4.2 ROX LIVE

    Would you like to try XFCE4.2 w/ ROX? Well it is now available for download on my new live cd based on Kanotix. Please try it out and tell me what you think good or bad. You can read all about it here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Sounds good. XFCE4 and Rox...the perfect desktop combo. I'll have to give it a try later.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    There is a slightly improved version available.
    XFCE4.2_ROX_2004-11-16.iso
    I would use it only for a live cd at the moment. Avoid the hdd installation just yet as there are some bugs to work out since it no longer uses KDE.

    Probono has been working hard on klik to support new features. I hope to add klik soon.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    I tried out the original version. It was very nice to have a live-cd boot up into a desktop so close to my own. I like XFLD too, but it's initial configuration is nothing like I set up myself. With yours I really only had to kill xftaskbar4 to get a nice working environment. I hope others here will give it a try so they can see how good xfce4 has gotten.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by champagnemojo
    I tried out the original version. It was very nice to have a live-cd boot up into a desktop so close to my own. I like XFLD too, but it's initial configuration is nothing like I set up myself. With yours I really only had to kill xftaskbar4 to get a nice working environment. I hope others here will give it a try so they can see how good xfce4 has gotten.
    Glad you tried/liked it. Hmmm alot of people do not like the xftaskbar4. One big dislike is that it shows all windows even if they are not minimized. Do you just not use a taskbar or is there another reason you killed it?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by mzilikazi
    Glad you tried/liked it. Hmmm alot of people do not like the xftaskbar4. One big dislike is that it shows all windows even if they are not minimized. Do you just not use a taskbar or is there another reason you killed it?
    I just personally don't like having the panel and the taskbar on separate ends of the desktop. So I like the taskbar panel plugin alot, and use it instead.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    A few new screenshots w/ XFCE4 running on the xorg server w/ transparency.
    http://mzilikazix.org/screens

    Not sure if I'll add the xorg server to the disc just yet........

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Hi mzilikazi , The screenshots are coooool I am looking forward ot booting a live CD that has x.org and nvidia/ati binary drivers...
    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. XFCE4
    By Crusader in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
  2. How to Rox with Xfce4
    By shah in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 03:35 AM
  3. Xfce4, kdm, beginner stuck...
    By RJDReid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:07 AM
  4. How about XFCE4?
    By sb73542 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 06:15 PM
  5. XFCE4 and changing GTK Font
    By Rugmonster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$53.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1 - Tested -98% Life

$48.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$74.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00