Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix to the rescue!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Knoppix to the rescue!

    There is a nice writeup of Knoppix over at Linux and Main about Knoppix.

    "Every once in a while a product stands out not only because it is innovative but because it just makes sense. It fills some space that has not previously been filled. I'm certain that you will agree that Knoppix -- a live Linux-On-CD Distribution -- is one of those products."

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I agree with you. Eventhough I have Debian testing on my HD, I still like to take out Knoppix and tweak it to the max. It's great to come back to my configs every session now that I can relielably save them. Once I get one of those USB keychain drives, I'll be able to use linux on any USB computer and have my configs too.

    The only downside is that as Klaus adds more features, Knoppix seems to be slowing down. My 3.1 is faster than the most recent 3.2 but I just can't save my 3.1 configs to anything other than a floppy.

    Overall a fantastic product and I hope Klaus can get an income stream because of it.

Similar Threads

  1. CD burning Rescue Knoppix
    By jago25_98 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 09:35 PM
  2. Knoppix to the rescue!
    By kefguy in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
  3. Knoppix as Rescue - Fixing the MBR
    By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
  4. Using Knoppix as a rescue CD
    By mc_03 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
  5. Need help using KNOPPIX to rescue my PC - HP want me to RMA
    By j.drake in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00