Hi It's been a short while I have installed knoppix 3.6 to my hard drive as a debian system but I haven't been able to toggle between two keyboard layouts e.g. us,ar
There seems to be multiple conf files for xfree86 on the system. /etc/X11/XF86Conifg OR XF86Config-4 and some others under /etc/sysconfig/2.4.27/... . I have tried all of them with the following entries
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us,ar"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection
But even after restarting X server it doesn't work. ( I haven't enabled the keyboard layouts in Kcontrol since this solution must apply to all windows managers/DE)
Thanks for the help.

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00