Hi,
that should be possible by remastering the CD. Please look at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 for more information on remastering and customizing.
Greetings,
probono
Hello,
I wish to use Knoppix to run a Kiosk with some specialized 3D software. After reviewing the forums it appears as if the NVidia cards have the best drivers.
My system would only run one 3D application and so I would remove all the superfluous software (httpd, mail, KDE, etc) allowing the system to boot and run the application.
Am I right in thinking that Knoppix, which runs on a CD-Rom, would be perfect for this application? And how much memory would the system use for Ram-Disk (not a specific number obviously but a round about)?
I'm also wondering if anybody knows of a reputable Linux hardware vendor? One in which you can build your own system and that provides some cool looking micro cases.
Thanks for any help.
Hi,
that should be possible by remastering the CD. Please look at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 for more information on remastering and customizing.
Greetings,
probono

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97