I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
i have thes same problem traying to install knoppix 3.2 on my HDD.
the knx-hddinstall works great but when it copies files from cd to hdd it says that cp cannot copy a series of hard-links (see the german version for a complete listing that somebody else has reported [thanks]).
after that the installation goes on without other problems but when i reboot and try my hdd installation the kernel gets into panic.
It says "Trying to stop inetd".
Checksum is ok.
Boot-floppy does not circumvent the problem.
Knoppix 3.1 worked perfectly with ext3 on same PC and Hd-installed without problems.
memory is ok (much memtest) so is CD-rom (checked).
Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.![]()
I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
Had the same problem when hd installing V3.2-2003-03-26 (more small updates). This has been fixed in the latest release.
I hear from MattT that the latest version fixes my problem. I' m going to download it at once.
![]()

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Intel S2600TP 4-Node 32 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2630 v3, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1685.00
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00