I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
i have thes same problem traying to install knoppix 3.2 on my HDD.
the knx-hddinstall works great but when it copies files from cd to hdd it says that cp cannot copy a series of hard-links (see the german version for a complete listing that somebody else has reported [thanks]).
after that the installation goes on without other problems but when i reboot and try my hdd installation the kernel gets into panic.
It says "Trying to stop inetd".
Checksum is ok.
Boot-floppy does not circumvent the problem.
Knoppix 3.1 worked perfectly with ext3 on same PC and Hd-installed without problems.
memory is ok (much memtest) so is CD-rom (checked).
Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.![]()
I saw something on the mail-list about a directory recursion problem. I don't know which version you have, but your problem sounds like what might result from something like that.Originally Posted by Kahhhtt
Had the same problem when hd installing V3.2-2003-03-26 (more small updates). This has been fixed in the latest release.
I hear from MattT that the latest version fixes my problem. I' m going to download it at once.
![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 5G SM-X828U - 256GB, 12.4", Gray (AT&T)
$315.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab S11 Ultra SM-X930 - 256GB, Wi-Fi, 14.6" - Gray /Open Box
$869.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung Tab A11+ - Brand New Sealed - Metro Locked
$170.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00