Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: cdrom doesn't mount

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84

    cdrom doesn't mount

    I just hd installed the latest Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-28. I have a CDRW and a CD that work great running from Knoppix live. From the hard drive install when I try to mount cdrom I get "not a block device" error. What does this mean? How can I fix it?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    I just reinstalled from the same CD and this time it works. I used the same installation options but this time the first thing I did was log in as root and mount cdrom. I would still like to know what causes the error "not a block device"

    Knoppix 3.2 is the best ever but hdinstall could be improved. It appears a little inconsistent in this version. Keep up the good work.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    What I've found with knoppix hd installs is that I have to have everything working on the system before I do the hd install. The hd install makes a "copy" of the system as it is running at the time of the install, so if something is not operating at the time of the install it may not show up after the install.

    rock

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    Very helpful advice. I'll remember that the next time I install.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1

    CDRW Mount problem

    I am having the same problem tying to mount my CDRW, I really don't want to re-install. How can I add the CDRW?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12
    My CD and floppy worked great when I was booting off the disk and now they don't read info at all.

    The filepath for my cdrom is

    file:/cdrom

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    15
    7-26-03.....I just made another cd-rom icon on desktop and identified it as "Cd-Rom [Data], which I use just for data cd's. On the other cd icon, I right click and select "Play Music Cd" if I want to do that. Haven't gotten the other cd burning stuff to work yet.

Similar Threads

  1. help...cdrom won't mount
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:01 AM
  2. How to mount my cdrom ??
    By Braim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:55 PM
  3. can't mount /dev/cdrom
    By coindood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 01:37 AM
  4. mount my CDROM
    By Didier in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:00 PM
  5. mount cdrom
    By new-to-knoppix in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99