Nobody with an idea?:
Hi
I've just downloaded Knoppix and burned the CD and the first boot process just worked fine.
I have a 23" flat LCD from HP that has a resolution of 1920x1200 pixels, but Knoppix only shows me 1024x768. I have tried "knoppix fb=1920x1200" or "knoppix screen=1920x1200" but the max resolution I get is always 1024x768. And all the different options I can chose once it is up are all lower resolutions.
How can I get the higher resolution to work? Any help appreciated as I'm an absolute Linux illiterate.
Matth
Nobody with an idea?:
No help but I have the same issue trying to get to 1280x1024 and stuck at 1024x768. I also tried what you did to no avail. So I add my plea for help to yours.
One of two things have to happen first.Originally Posted by richb
A: knoppix correctly finds and sets up your video card.
B: You manually change the XFree86 config file.
Hi Firebyrd
Does this mean, that I then have to boot from a floppy disc? Is there no way to do it by cheat codes?
As I'm a complete Linux newbie, how would I set up my video card and change the config file?
I do have a Hercules 3D Prophet III card and a HP L2335 flat panel monitor.
Thank you for your help.
Matth
Him, not entirly sure on this one.
To really save an configs You would need to have a config file or hd-install.
Pain, yes.
There is however an option in the KNOPPIX menu to install software while running the cd. In it is an option to install nvidia drivers. Try that out.
My XFree86 config file shows all available video modes from 1280x1024 down but only 1024x768 is available. How do I go about changing it to recognize other modes?Originally Posted by firebyrd10
How do i find the XFree86 config file?
ive managed to find the executable...
please help...
try the fb=(screen resolution) along with vsync=(try different values ex 60,70) cheatcode. but becareful, the wrong setting could eventually ruin the monitor. If the vsync # isnt correct the screen will be unreadable.
i tried that
thanks for the replie.. but ive managed to get it working now by editing the XF86-4 file... in etc/X11 and it works great![]()

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power
$248.00
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99