-
USB Boot problem
Hi,
i have a usb key Kingston DataTraveler Elite 1GB and i done all the pbs's step to make my usb key bootable (see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...b+key&start=10)
I've set up my bios to boot from USB ZIP or USB FDD, but when i power up my pc it say me nothing...I see only the cursor and nothing... I can't see "SYSLINUX...." etc.. but only the cursor and the system don't boot. I've try to put any MBR like mbr from syslinux, from debian mbr package and from spb linux, but nothing, the problem is the same.
I've try to another pc with usb-support at boot time (with an asus p5ad2 premium) but same problem.
How can i resolve?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english
-
Senior Member
registered user
1. I can't answer your question. I tried to boot USB once. It didn't work for me. You found one thread I might refer to you already. There is another one about booting an ISO file from NTFS in the HD Install forum, which alludes to the issue early on, and might even link to it. Ruymbeke was the original poster. The other thread is one I posted months ago (last spring, IIRC), if you want to search for it. I never got it to work, but others who helped me did.
2. But more importantly, why are you posting in this forum? If your question concerns the other thread, why not post there and get responses from people who know about the topic? Customizing and remastering have nothing to do with your problem. Consequently, the people knowledgable about your problem won't read your post, and the people who do read your post are not as likely to know the answer.
jd
-
thanks for your answer, i'll search in other forum...
see ya
Similar Threads
-
By sid_galt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 39
Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By mahanj2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 06:59 PM
-
By wolfsta in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 01:06 AM
-
By BradC in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:27 AM
-
By Wil in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5x MICRON 16GB 2RX8 PC4-2666V-RE1 Server Memory MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6D1QI
$300.00

2 Sticks Of XPG GAMMINX 8GB DDR4 Ram - White
$55.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Smart 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RJ1-11 ECC REG Server Memory SH4097RD420472SBV Tested
$172.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

7x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V HMA82GR7CJR8N-VK DDR4 ECC Reg Server Memory RAM
$550.00

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00