Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kde update without internet conection

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    Kde update without internet conection

    Hello everybody!

    I have a second computer without internet conection. This computer is runing Knoppix 3.7 Welt version.
    My question is: it's possible to update to kde 3.3.1 (debian sid) without direct internet conexion? Can I save the files I have in my first computer (with internet conection) and install them on my second computer?

    Thanks
    Daurelio

    Ps: I'm a newbie, sorry if the question is a bit silly!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hello,

    First, I dont think its a silly question, it can be quite valid, in a case where you have a "isolated" computer...

    The problem is, I think you could, but, then again, I dont think you can...

    You could save the apt-get install files, but, those files would be based on what you have, or need, for the system you are running the install on. Dependancies will be used using the system you are using for the install, and not the "intended" system it will "ultimately" be installed on.

    Hence, it might work, and why, I think it might not work... You not only need to worry about the "install" files though, since you will be using apt for the install, you will also want to use the database used in the "update" for apt-get as well... Since that information is used when you do a apt-get install...

    I could be wrong on this information, but, in my best guess answer, I dont think you can do it... Someone else may have a better answer, and I am sure, I will stand corrected ( not the first, or the last, time, thats for sure )

    Hope this helps,

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    apt-cdrom. is one way.
    you download the latest/greatest Debian Dist CD's (sid or sarge) and apt-cdrom from those CD's. they can be ordered for a moderate cost or a friend... can likely make them for you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4
    Thank you both of you for your coments!

    I have another question. If i get the cd's of Debian Sid I will get the same packages that are available at Debian site? And I can install the packages I want in my knoppix? Where I can get the cd's of the Sid version? On the Debian site I only can see Stable and Sarge.

    Thanks, once more!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
  2. Can I update to 3.6?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
  4. apt-get update
    By dugstratton in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Update`ing KDE
    By Joutei in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



16x 16GB Samsung PC3 ECC 2Rx4 14900R -256GB SERVER RAM- M393B2G70DB0-CMA picture

16x 16GB Samsung PC3 ECC 2Rx4 14900R -256GB SERVER RAM- M393B2G70DB0-CMA

$239.49



LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory picture

LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory

$130.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$189.99