I've heard thatas a cheatcode can help in this situation. Please post back your results.Code:apm=power-off
Greetings,
probono
I am running Knoppix 3.6 (hard drive install) on an old Dell Dimension V400 computer (it's got a Celeron 400mhz CPU). All works well but when I exit the program, the computer remains on. On another computer, one I built myself, when I exit Knoppix the computer turns itself off. I much prefer that method. Any ideas?
I've heard thatas a cheatcode can help in this situation. Please post back your results.Code:apm=power-off
Greetings,
probono
When I boot up, I get the login screen. I don't know how to use cheat codes.
When you boot up, in just a few seconds you'll see a prompt screen (it's not a login screen). Hit F2 at that point. Then read.Originally Posted by jMon54
If installed to hardisk,
Apend that cheatcodes in /etc/lilo.cfg
EX:
mage=/boot/vmlinuz
label="Knoppix"
root=/dev/hdc5
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="lang=de apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scs
vga=788
read-only
Don't forget to run lilo -v in root konsole after you edit lilo.cfg.
![]()

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99