Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix Shuts Down but PC Stays On

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    65

    Knoppix Shuts Down but PC Stays On

    I am running Knoppix 3.6 (hard drive install) on an old Dell Dimension V400 computer (it's got a Celeron 400mhz CPU). All works well but when I exit the program, the computer remains on. On another computer, one I built myself, when I exit Knoppix the computer turns itself off. I much prefer that method. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    I've heard that
    Code:
    apm=power-off
    as a cheatcode can help in this situation. Please post back your results.

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    65
    When I boot up, I get the login screen. I don't know how to use cheat codes.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by jMon54
    When I boot up, I get the login screen. I don't know how to use cheat codes.
    When you boot up, in just a few seconds you'll see a prompt screen (it's not a login screen). Hit F2 at that point. Then read.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    If installed to hardisk,
    Apend that cheatcodes in /etc/lilo.cfg
    EX:
    mage=/boot/vmlinuz
    label="Knoppix"
    root=/dev/hdc5
    initrd=/boot/initrd.img
    append="lang=de apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scs
    vga=788
    read-only

    Don't forget to run lilo -v in root konsole after you edit lilo.cfg.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix shuts down after opening a single X session....
    By akapulko in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 07:24 PM
  3. knoppix software stays installed??
    By tukonii in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 05:39 AM
  4. Monitor shuts down? Trying Knoppix
    By biscuits91 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 11:00 PM
  5. knoppix 3.2 boots immediately shuts down
    By omagere in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99