-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Torriatte
Hi Folks and sorry I am frustrasting everyone and failing to post enough info. I'm in a real juggling act here most of the tmie and constantly interupted. My apologies.
FIRST of all the drive is NTFS.
...
The drives both show mounted. The drives show writable, etc. but it gets an error that it cannot be written to. So is this the NTFS issue ?
Quite possible... I would take a look at your /etc/fstab file entry for the drive, it sounds like the drive is being mounted as a VFAT, and when you attempt to write to the disk, it yells about it being incorrect... I havent worked with the NTFS, either native in Windows, or through Linux, but, I think you need to have "captive NTFS" - or something... NTFS is proprietary to Microsoft, and only through some "magic" has it been able to be added into Linux. From what I know, and hear, NTFS in Linux is in its "infancy" stage, not sure how much testing, or how much "working" it is. I have no clue, but, as an educated guess, I would try to get NTFS through Windows first, it knows "more" about the format, than any other OS, but, thats just me... ( you can use a screwdriver as a hammer, but, you cant use a sledgehammer as a screwdriver, kind of thing )
Hope this helps,
Similar Threads
-
By euthebiu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By Nathan Larson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By fdupoux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
-
By rushworld in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00