-
GFE pcmcia card (8139too) - what magic?
I'm using Knoppix 3.6 (2.6.7 kernel) on my ancient NEC Ready 340T with a cheap GFE 10/100 FastEthernet lan card and all is well. However, using a self-compiled vanilla 2.6.9 kernel, the laptop hangs when I try to access the lan, and I need to eject the lan card to regain access to the system. At this point, if I re-insert the lan card, the system locks up again. What's the secret to getting this lan card to work properly with a new kernel?
TIA
Rockdoctor
-
Update: With the vanilla 2.6.9 kernel installed, if I ping the laptop from another machine on the lan, I get the first packet back, then the laptop locks up.
Similar Threads
-
By hobz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By ZepHead in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-05-2003, 03:08 AM
-
By nlang in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By dnt in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14are05 14" Ryzen 7 4700U 2.0GHz 8GB RAM 256GB
$175.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00