Or at least how I can make a boot floppy myself, please.
Does anyone know where I can download a boot image for a floppy that has the splash screen w/ options input (eg. 'knoppix nodma myconfig=scan')? My system can't boot from cdrom (BIOS is BROKE), so i was hoping i could find a boot floppy so I can just type 'knoppix fromhd=/dev/scd0' or summat like dat.
I know how to use rawrite.exe, so that won't be a problem for me. (i have a bat file dat uses it, so I can modify it)
Thanks!
Or at least how I can make a boot floppy myself, please.
Wow, I completely expected a copy of a boot image that you could make with rawrite to be there. Went lookiing for it myself and sure don't see one.Originally Posted by clarjon1
I have the same issue with one older desktop. Although I finally did get a BIOS upgrade, the BIOS will still not boot many CD's including Knoppix (although it will boot some CDs!). This hasn't been a problem, because I installed a great boot manager on the hard drive, XOSL (eXtended Operating System Loader). It can manage multiple OS booting, as well as let you boot from any CD drive or any floppy drive (not just the first of either), even if your BIOS does not support CD booting. You might want to consider installing it. Also includes a great partition manager. Available here: http://www.ranish.com/part/xosl.htm
You could also grab Smart Boot Manager, create a boot floppy, boot from it, and select your computer's CD-ROM drive from the list. Smart Boot Manager will let you boot your computer from the CD whether your BIOS supports it or not.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic 128K Game Pack 5 On New 400K Double Density Disk
$39.99
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Vintage Apple IIe Platinum A2S2128 128K Computer - Powers On - Missing Key
$249.99
Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse
$995.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00