Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where do I have to put files that need rw filesystem?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    Where do I have to put files that need rw filesystem?

    Hi
    I want to include Zope to Knoppix.
    Zope needs rw access and I just can't find out where I have to install it. If i put it into the /var folder it just is linked to the /ramdisk/var folder, so that I don't get rw access.
    Do I have to install it anywhere else or do I have to change any config files?
    Kind regards
    Hans Mono

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7
    I'm not sure if this is what your looking for as I'm still a newbie, but if you need wr access to
    ramfiles you can add them in the miniroot.gz.

    This is where knoppix loads some stuff into ram.
    1.
    mount boot.img boot -t msdos -o loop=/dev/loop0
    2.
    cp boot/miniroot.gz /tmp #or some other dir
    3.
    gunzip miniroot.gz
    4.
    mount miniroot mroot -t ext2 -o loop=/dev/loop1

    Have a look though the linuxrc.

    hope this helps

    ted

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your help.

    That was exactly the thing i needed

Similar Threads

  1. overlay filesystem
    By redss in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:42 PM
  2. Filesystem problem ....
    By Victis in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
  3. Filesystem troubles
    By PyroBoy101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
  4. Remounting filesystem
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 11:30 PM
  5. creating ISO filesystem
    By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP picture

Ooma 2602 Office IP Desk Phones 2-Pack for Ooma Office VoIP

$153.98



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H picture

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H

$29.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Cisco CP-7841-K9  4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW

$89.99



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07