-
How to install Knoppix 3.6 on a less than 3 GB partition?
Hi,
I have a PC which has Windows 98 SE with a 40 GB HDD partitioned in this manner:-
Drive C: = 9.75 GB FAT32
Drive D: (Extended) = 7.1 GB FAT32
2.65 GB Unallocated
Drive E: = 17.7 GB
I used to have Mandrake 9.1 on the 2.65 GB partition but once I tried to back up my whole C drive under Windows on the D drive, and somehow the 2.65 GB partition got overwritten. Now it shows as neither FAT32 nor ext2 but as unallocated and I can't boot into Mandarke 9.1.
Anyway, I want to install Knoppix 3.6 on this 2.65 GB partition. I cannot resize any of my partitions because I don't have a way to backup my data prior to resizing.
I read that the minimum recommended hard disk space for a Knoppix 3.6 install is 3 GB. Can I install it on 2.65 GB by leaving out some packages during the installation?
Would there be any danger of FAT32 data on the D drive being overwritten if Knoppix somehow doesn't fit into the 2.65 GB, even if I have partitioned the 2.65 GB partition to a native Linux File System and made the Swap partition ?
Similar Threads
-
By kwyjibo730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-28-2005, 11:32 PM
-
By oceans11 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By Zibar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 03:58 AM
-
By jpaschke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:35 AM
-
By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98