Or at least how I can make a boot floppy myself, please.
Does anyone know where I can download a boot image for a floppy that has the splash screen w/ options input (eg. 'knoppix nodma myconfig=scan')? My system can't boot from cdrom (BIOS is BROKE), so i was hoping i could find a boot floppy so I can just type 'knoppix fromhd=/dev/scd0' or summat like dat.
I know how to use rawrite.exe, so that won't be a problem for me. (i have a bat file dat uses it, so I can modify it)
Thanks!
Or at least how I can make a boot floppy myself, please.
Wow, I completely expected a copy of a boot image that you could make with rawrite to be there. Went lookiing for it myself and sure don't see one.Originally Posted by clarjon1
I have the same issue with one older desktop. Although I finally did get a BIOS upgrade, the BIOS will still not boot many CD's including Knoppix (although it will boot some CDs!). This hasn't been a problem, because I installed a great boot manager on the hard drive, XOSL (eXtended Operating System Loader). It can manage multiple OS booting, as well as let you boot from any CD drive or any floppy drive (not just the first of either), even if your BIOS does not support CD booting. You might want to consider installing it. Also includes a great partition manager. Available here: http://www.ranish.com/part/xosl.htm
You could also grab Smart Boot Manager, create a boot floppy, boot from it, and select your computer's CD-ROM drive from the list. Smart Boot Manager will let you boot your computer from the CD whether your BIOS supports it or not.

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9980hk 32GB 1TB - Good
$509.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99