-
installing on a HDD on laptop without a boot cd drive?
Can anyone give me any pointers as to how I may be able to install knoppix on an old P120 Compaq with 48mb ram and a partitioned 2.1 HDD. It does have a Floppy drive and I do have an external CD drive running throught he parrallel port. there is no USB but do have a PC card slot. I do have access to other PC's and have the capability of networking if necessary.
At present I'm running Windows 98 Lite (without IE browser) and use the second partition for storing files etc. I just thought that running knoppix or another Linux distro would be a better idea and would inject some life into an old laptop. Failing that it's for the scrap heap and a new one for xmas.
Apologies but I have posted this on the Laptop forum as well - not sure where it belongs.
Similar Threads
-
By johnb in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 08:23 AM
-
By opensource_powered in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By SpankySTD in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
-
By holyboy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99