Did you check the MD5sum? You may have downloaded the .iso no problem but it may not be complete.
I've just downloaded knoppix 3.2 en and i see it's a easycd iso. but when i burn it and restart my computer nothing happens. my bios is configured for the cd to boot first (worked with the last distro of koppix) i burned it using both nero and easycd whats going on i'm tired of making coasters!!!!
Did you check the MD5sum? You may have downloaded the .iso no problem but it may not be complete.
OK i downloaded the .iso file but not the md5 file was i supposed to? and if so when i download it what do i do with it then?
I feel soooooo dumb, knowing how to burn an image with nero i was using the wizard instead of file' burn image....thankx
Yeah...I NEVER use the "Wizard" in Nero because you can't get to the software! It pays to just learn the software. But it's funny how easy it is to forget the obvious...so don't feel stupid. I'm the one who should feel stupid...but I won't get into that!
I'm glad you were able to burn the CD with Nero. If I may make a suggestion, I would recommend using CD-RW's to burn Knoppix. Releases of Knoppix are frequent so it makes sense just to erase the old CD and burn a new one when you download the most current image. Also, if you burn ends up with errors, you can just erase it and try burning again.Originally Posted by Mrmagic97_99
You'll also want to burn a finalized session. Some older CD-ROM drives can't see anything other than write at once finalized CD-RWs.
Is that possible? Formatting a CDRW doesn't give you the entire 700 MB of space to work with, so I don't think it would fit..Originally Posted by aay
Nero doesn't need to have a RW formatted first. I just writes like an R but you can erase and reuse. The only reason to format would be an automatic packet writer that continously incrementally writes backups to the RW or if you set it up to drag and drop files like you would on a HD.
The older CD drives can't read any data other than a write at once CD format. Finalizing will allow you more total data storage than a multisession.

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99