Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Burinig Knoppix

  1. #1

    Burinig Knoppix

    I've just downloaded knoppix 3.2 en and i see it's a easycd iso. but when i burn it and restart my computer nothing happens. my bios is configured for the cd to boot first (worked with the last distro of koppix) i burned it using both nero and easycd whats going on i'm tired of making coasters!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Did you check the MD5sum? You may have downloaded the .iso no problem but it may not be complete.

  3. #3
    OK i downloaded the .iso file but not the md5 file was i supposed to? and if so when i download it what do i do with it then?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

  5. #5
    I feel soooooo dumb, knowing how to burn an image with nero i was using the wizard instead of file' burn image....thankx

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Mt. Prospect, IL
    Posts
    34
    Yeah...I NEVER use the "Wizard" in Nero because you can't get to the software! It pays to just learn the software. But it's funny how easy it is to forget the obvious...so don't feel stupid. I'm the one who should feel stupid...but I won't get into that!

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Burinig Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmagic97_99
    I've just downloaded knoppix 3.2 en and i see it's a easycd iso. but when i burn it and restart my computer nothing happens. my bios is configured for the cd to boot first (worked with the last distro of koppix) i burned it using both nero and easycd whats going on i'm tired of making coasters!!!!
    I'm glad you were able to burn the CD with Nero. If I may make a suggestion, I would recommend using CD-RW's to burn Knoppix. Releases of Knoppix are frequent so it makes sense just to erase the old CD and burn a new one when you download the most current image. Also, if you burn ends up with errors, you can just erase it and try burning again.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    You'll also want to burn a finalized session. Some older CD-ROM drives can't see anything other than write at once finalized CD-RWs.

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    27

    Re: Burinig Knoppix

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    If I may make a suggestion, I would recommend using CD-RW's to burn Knoppix.
    Is that possible? Formatting a CDRW doesn't give you the entire 700 MB of space to work with, so I don't think it would fit..

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Nero doesn't need to have a RW formatted first. I just writes like an R but you can erase and reuse. The only reason to format would be an automatic packet writer that continously incrementally writes backups to the RW or if you set it up to drag and drop files like you would on a HD.

    The older CD drives can't read any data other than a write at once CD format. Finalizing will allow you more total data storage than a multisession.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95