Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: making bootable CD from Knoppix_v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Jersey USA
    Posts
    17

    making bootable CD from Knoppix_v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso

    Hi,

    Got a new version of Knoppix on a DVD and I'm having some darn good time trying to burn the 699.5 MB into a bootable CD. I've created /tmp/knoppix36 directory and coppied the iso from the DVD. I'm having difficulty with the 'mkisofs' string, though. I copied the iso successfuly from /tmp onto a blank CD using K3B under SuSE. Here's the string I've been finnegling

    mkisofs -J -r -l -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o /tmp/knoppix36.iso /tmp/knoppix36

    I'm getting "mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!" It would be a great improvement if I knew what I was doing! Thus far I know I'm trying to create "knoppix36.iso" bootable with a floppy-like image at the beginning of the image. Perhaps I should really try to break this process into two steps.

    All concern for this matter will be greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Joseph Schiller

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    doesn't sound like a remaster issue at all to me, although you certainly have me bewildered with the 'mkisofs' string, though. statement and the rest. I've made maybe 100 Knoppix CD's from ISO and have no idea what a 'mkisofs' string is.

    try reading http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading and http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/DownloadingHowTo

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    If you have an .iso and it is small enough to fit on a cdr then you should not need mkisofs just burn the image.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot from CD, KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN
    By amir in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
  2. no boot.img on KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso
    By Christopher in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM
  3. KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN
    By shawngiese in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:19 AM
  4. KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09 is here
    By probono in forum News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
  5. Knoppix_V3.3-2004-02-16
    By Stephen in forum News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00