-
Junior Member
registered user
making bootable CD from Knoppix_v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso
Hi,
Got a new version of Knoppix on a DVD and I'm having some darn good time trying to burn the 699.5 MB into a bootable CD. I've created /tmp/knoppix36 directory and coppied the iso from the DVD. I'm having difficulty with the 'mkisofs' string, though. I copied the iso successfuly from /tmp onto a blank CD using K3B under SuSE. Here's the string I've been finnegling
mkisofs -J -r -l -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o /tmp/knoppix36.iso /tmp/knoppix36
I'm getting "mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!" It would be a great improvement if I knew what I was doing! Thus far I know I'm trying to create "knoppix36.iso" bootable with a floppy-like image at the beginning of the image. Perhaps I should really try to break this process into two steps.
All concern for this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Joseph Schiller
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
doesn't sound like a remaster issue at all to me, although you certainly have me bewildered with the 'mkisofs' string, though. statement and the rest. I've made maybe 100 Knoppix CD's from ISO and have no idea what a 'mkisofs' string is.
try reading http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading and http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/DownloadingHowTo
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have an .iso and it is small enough to fit on a cdr then you should not need mkisofs just burn the image.
Similar Threads
-
By amir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
-
By Christopher in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM
-
By shawngiese in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:19 AM
-
Replies: 16
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99