Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Firefox 1.0

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Firefox 1.0



    You can now install Firefox 1.0 with klik://firefox

    And if you reinstall the klik client afterwards, klik also works in it!

    Greetings,
    probono

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Awesome! U da MAN, PB!!

    jd

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36
    I can't seem to be able to install firefox with your link. I downloaded firefox from the site, but I don't know how to install it, I'm new to linux, I don't know the commands. I already uncompressed the TAR file, but now what? which file do I run? how do I put an Icon on my startup programs, I'm migrating from Windows so keep that in mind. Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Please install the klik client as it is described on http://klik.berlios.de - then the above link should work.

    Greetings,
    probono

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Queretaro Mexico
    Posts
    36
    OK, I did it, I installed the klik client, and downloaded succesfully firefox. Where is it installed, where is the ICON, or what would be in the Windows world, the EXE file to run the program thank you.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    It should have told you during the installation that you can lauch it from the klik menu or by executing:

    $HOME/firefox/wrapper firefox

    Everything is installed inside $HOME/firefox/ - you can simply remove that directory in case you don't want Firefox any more.

    Greetings
    probono

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Klik installer for non-Debian distros

    Probono: I think Klik is a major breakthrough for installing software on Linux. With the exception of kplayer and kaffeine (which install, but without the windows and macintosh codecs are less than 100%), every install I have tried has worked perfectly.

    Are you considering making Klik usable for other distros (e.g. Mandrake, Fedora, SUSE)? I think it is far better than any of their systems.

    Regardless, thanks for this program. It makes Knoppix significantly better than it would be without it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Klik installer for non-Debian distros

    Quote Originally Posted by randcoop
    Probono: I think Klik is a major breakthrough for installing software on Linux. With the exception of kplayer and kaffeine (which install, but without the windows and macintosh codecs are less than 100%), every install I have tried has worked perfectly.
    You can add win32 codecs to klik'd KPlayer. Simply put them into ...../usr/lib/win32/codecs

    Quote Originally Posted by randcoop
    Are you considering making Klik usable for other distros (e.g. Mandrake, Fedora, SUSE)? I think it is far better than any of their systems.
    One of them has already expressed their interest, and it should be feasible. I wn't work for a commercial distro for free, however - that's uniquely for debian

Similar Threads

  1. firefox not working on 4.0 dvd
    By tp671 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 10:25 PM
  2. Java / Firefox
    By chipyoung in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 10:09 PM
  3. firefox+pdf=very bad
    By maxIT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
  4. Knoppix and Firefox
    By impure_client in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 02:18 AM
  5. FireFox & ThunderBird a must!
    By Hunkah in forum Ideas
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01