Strange....Which desktop? Did you try xkill?
Somehow I have managed to get an "xconsole" attached to my desktop. I can't seem to get rid of it.I tried clicking on the "x". Tried "Alt + F4" and right click close. nothing seems to help!
Any ideas??![]()
Strange....Which desktop? Did you try xkill?
Look up the PID with ps fax|grep xconsole and then do kill -9 PID
Or perhaps someone added it to your background image as a joke, did something similar once to a friend. Yep, he's still my friend![]()
xkill did the job
Thanks to all
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58