-
Senior Member
registered user
When it comes to volunteering for experiments. Watch out for the one where they strap all these wires to your head. If so, check out the other end of the table very carefully. If there's a chook sitting there, and it also has the head gear, and your both being piped into a RS6000 mini ... head for the hills fast, (real fast)
jm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Code:
Life skills #137
== Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with. ==
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
somehow, in me stupidity moments... i did this...

yes... there is nothing in there in the controll center, nothing to controll... I GAVE AWAY ALL ME POWER!! and now i am sad...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, I'd been using Windows for ten years or more but believe it or not, I never had any problems serious enough to make it stop working altogether. I have had some "not working at all" moments in Linux though. In regards to general PC use: most stupid/embarrassing moment was coming home from hardware class after learning about how to install RAM (wow!) and offering to upgrade my parent's PC with some old RAM from their old PC. Needless to say, it didn't work. I unplugged the RAM and rebooted, no go. 3 or 4 hours of system beeps later, I worked out I had to re-seat the original RAM stick because I had bumped it or something. Kinda boring but yes, it's just one of those things that happen. I guess you have to be there to experience the shame.
Linux "not working at all" moment is hosing my MBR on several occasions. There's nothing quite as shocking as being a n00b and booting your system and getting "99 99 99 99 99 99 99" etc (or whatever it is). I still get edgy when I install a new Linux.
Similar Threads
-
By tonycooles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By jpretti in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By Jansch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 04:29 PM
-
By el_supremo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By drg55 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 01:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00