Spandit,

I figured the message has to be coming from your boot loader, it happens on my system too...

Considering the message is just after the BIOS "beep" and BIOS settings display, and since I have a boot loader that uses a menu, the message is before I get the menu screen...

If you have LILO for your boot loader, you might want to look at the manual pages for LILO, like this: man lilo

Here is what I found out for you:
Code:
BOOT OPTIONS
       The options described here may be specified at on the command line when
       a kernel image is booted.  These options are processed by LILO, and are
       removed  from  the  command line passed to the kernel, unless otherwise
       noted.

       lock   Locks the command line, as though 'lock' had been  specified  in
              'lilo.conf.'

       mem=###[,K,M,G]
              Specifies  the maximum memory in the system in bytes, kilobytes,
              megabytes, or gigabytes.  This option is not  removed  from  the
              command line, and is always passed to the kernel.

       nobd   Suppresses the BIOS data check.  This option is reserved for use
              with non-IBM-compliant BIOS's which hang with the lines:

                   Loading...............
                   BIOS data check
I am guessing the nobd is what is would suppress this check, now, where to put it????

Since its a LILO command line option, I dont know how you would add a switch to the command line, since LILO is called by the system when its booting, no user intervention... You might want to read up on LILO, and see if this "command line switch" has a lilo.conf equivalent option, like a -nobd or something, and then you can put that into your lilo.conf file, and be sure to run lilo after you change the lilo.conf file. [ ? ]