Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help! I can't run Firefox anymore

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Help! I can't run Firefox anymore

    I updated my Glib and Pango libraries and now I can't seem to run Firefox anymore. I am running on Red Hat Linux 9 and Glib is glib-1.2.10-10 and Pango is pango-1.2.1-3 from rpms. The error that I get when I run firefox is the following:

    Glib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type 'PangoXftFontMap' is smaller than the parent type's 'PangoFont Map' class size

    GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 819 (g_object_new): assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
    ./run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 20994 Segmentation fault.

    Anybody know what has happened, has seen this error, and how I can solve this?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Help! I can't run Firefox anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMan
    how I can solve this?

    Thanks.
    Ummm install Debian? This isn't a redhat forum my friend.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Like mzilikazi said.

    Long story short: Had a similar problem with Pango when running Red Hat 8 when trying to get a newer version of Pan (the newsreader) running. Ended up finally just upgrading to Red Hat 9.

    Don't have any "magic" advise for you, except to try forcing a downgrade to the version of Pango on your Red Hat distribution CDs, or try upgrading to the next version of Red Hat...which would be, what, Fedora Core?

Similar Threads

  1. No .cmg files run anymore.
    By hotrodg in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:10 PM
  2. X doesn't start anymore
    By arno. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 10:46 AM
  3. Can't Print Anymore
    By rozen in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 11:19 PM
  4. No DSL connection anymore
    By Delbor in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 12:41 AM
  5. Can't diallup anymore
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED

$399.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99