-
Help! I can't run Firefox anymore
I updated my Glib and Pango libraries and now I can't seem to run Firefox anymore. I am running on Red Hat Linux 9 and Glib is glib-1.2.10-10 and Pango is pango-1.2.1-3 from rpms. The error that I get when I run firefox is the following:
Glib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type 'PangoXftFontMap' is smaller than the parent type's 'PangoFont Map' class size
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 819 (g_object_new): assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
./run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 20994 Segmentation fault.
Anybody know what has happened, has seen this error, and how I can solve this?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Help! I can't run Firefox anymore

Originally Posted by
GadgetMan
how I can solve this?
Thanks.
Ummm install Debian? This isn't a redhat forum my friend.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Like mzilikazi said.
Long story short: Had a similar problem with Pango when running Red Hat 8 when trying to get a newer version of Pan (the newsreader) running. Ended up finally just upgrading to Red Hat 9.
Don't have any "magic" advise for you, except to try forcing a downgrade to the version of Pango on your Red Hat distribution CDs, or try upgrading to the next version of Red Hat...which would be, what, Fedora Core?
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:10 PM
-
By arno. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By rozen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 11:19 PM
-
By Delbor in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 12:41 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99