Ummm install Debian? This isn't a redhat forum my friend.Originally Posted by GadgetMan
I updated my Glib and Pango libraries and now I can't seem to run Firefox anymore. I am running on Red Hat Linux 9 and Glib is glib-1.2.10-10 and Pango is pango-1.2.1-3 from rpms. The error that I get when I run firefox is the following:
Glib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type 'PangoXftFontMap' is smaller than the parent type's 'PangoFont Map' class size
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 819 (g_object_new): assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
./run-mozilla.sh: line 451: 20994 Segmentation fault.
Anybody know what has happened, has seen this error, and how I can solve this?
Thanks.
Ummm install Debian? This isn't a redhat forum my friend.Originally Posted by GadgetMan
Like mzilikazi said.
Long story short: Had a similar problem with Pango when running Red Hat 8 when trying to get a newer version of Pan (the newsreader) running. Ended up finally just upgrading to Red Hat 9.
Don't have any "magic" advise for you, except to try forcing a downgrade to the version of Pango on your Red Hat distribution CDs, or try upgrading to the next version of Red Hat...which would be, what, Fedora Core?

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99
Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50