Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mystery of m23

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Mystery of m23

    In poking through the Knoppix iso file and the isolinux.cfg file (I want to edit it so I'll not have to type in the cheat codes I need each time that I boot the CD), I found a few lines in isolinux.cfg that seem to be for booting something called m23.

    I did a little searching and found that m23 is a "Debian based software distribution system". see http://m23.sourceforge.net/PostNuke-...hp?newlang=eng for more details. But if I put m23 in at the boot prompt, it is not recognized (I can't tell why from my limited understanding of isolinux, but it seems like it needs a m23 binary to boot and there is no such file, at least not in that directory). Does anyone have any insight on the m23 boot option, if it can be made to work, how to make it work, and what it should do when it does work?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    As far as I know, m23 is a tool that was bundled with a Knoppix DVD that was distributed exclusively at the LinuxTag in Germany this year. The m23 option is probably only a leftover from that special edtition DVD and not usable on the regular Knoppix CDs.

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. HFS Plus mystery
    By eon in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
  3. Yet another mystery - cloop bug ?
    By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
  4. KDE mystery
    By mack in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01