Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mozilla doesn't come up on Live CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Mozilla doesn't come up on Live CD

    Hi,

    I'm new to Knoppix but I like the 3.6 Live CD I have. I am considering loading this on my HDD, but one thing is stopping me.

    When I try to bring up Mozilla from the kicker it does not come up. Konquerer works fine and I can browse the web, but I really need Mozilla for this system to work for me.

    This may be a known issue, if so can someone point me to a solution? I tried doing a search on Mozilla, but all I saw were topics about Firebird

    Thanks,
    -santana338

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    Try starting it from the command line or the Run Command... dialog. Just enter mozilla and it should start.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    I should have included that I tried also running from an xterm command line. It still didn't come up.

    I tried this on my Dell D600 laptop and also on my Soyo desktop with the same results.

    I am assuming nobody else has this problem so it is odd that I see it on 2 different machines.

    I don't think my CD is bad since it boots up and runs just fine.

    Still scratching my head here...

    -santana338

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    You can try installing (updating) it. From a root prompt enter
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get install mozilla

    It will probably prompt you to install a boat load of other packages but it may fix your problem.

    You might want to try mozilla firefox too.

    # apt-get install mozilla -firefox

    Good luck!

Similar Threads

  1. SB Live no sound with 4.0.2 live CD; SMP kernel's fault?
    By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
  2. Whats the difference between a Live CD and a live DVD?
    By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
  3. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  4. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  5. Mozilla
    By denver1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord picture

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord

$400.00



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0 picture

Samsung 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800R ECC Reg RDIMM M393B1G73QH0-YK0

$15.00