Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless trouble

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Wireless trouble

    I have a toshiba satellite 2415 with a siemens ss1021 pcmcia card. I have tried everything to get my card to work. I have tried pump -i eth0 and wlcardconfig I can't seem to get anything to recognize my card. I am brand new to linux, but find it very interesting. Please help if you can. Thanx


  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62

    Re: Wireless trouble

    Quote Originally Posted by cpacers31
    I have a toshiba satellite 2415 with a siemens ss1021 pcmcia card. I have tried everything to get my card to work. I have tried pump -i eth0 and wlcardconfig I can't seem to get anything to recognize my card. I am brand new to linux, but find it very interesting. Please help if you can. Thanx

    OK -- the first thing we need to find out is what chipset the card has.

    From: http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
    it appears that there are two versions of your card; one with a Prism chipset and the other a TI chipset. The former should be easy to do; the latter could be more problematic. So we need to know which is which.

    So, unless you know -- type ( in a console as root): lspci -v and let us know what it says.

    Hope to help.

    Grant D. Vallance

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    re:

    Sorry it took so long to reply. It is the 1021 PCMCIA Prism2/2.5/3. Thank you for your help

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9
    There is a sticky on hardware I think that goes into great detail on how to get wireless working.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless PCI card trouble... no eth*
    By Structure7 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 08:32 AM
  2. wireless trouble
    By amoore in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
  3. Wireless trouble once again
    By Rasalibra in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
  4. Wireless Trouble..
    By redhat11 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
  5. Wireless Prism 2.5 chip - dhcp trouble
    By eggsally in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$39.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99