i use ssh, that is more secure than rsh and telnet and it can even forward X.
Hi,
When I connect from knoppix computer K to another linux computer B using telnet,I can't start xterm client from B,I get following error:
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: K:0.0
But if I connect from K to B usin rsh protocol, i can start start xterm from B without any error. So my question is: Is there any settings for telnet session to start xterm or it does not support xterm?
Thanks for the Knoppix OS CD effort,it is wonderful!
My environment: Knoppix 3.4,other computer SuSE 9.0
Regards.
majo
i use ssh, that is more secure than rsh and telnet and it can even forward X.
I think rsh & ssh are same,as rsh is just symbolic link to /usr/bin/ssh
May be there is some rights & access problem,I did not have very much experience with linux may be xterm does not work with telnet protocol...
majo
I would also recommend using ssh. But if you want to use telnet then before starting an xterm, tyoe these lines
DISPLAY=<your machine IP address>:0.0
export DISPLAY
note that DISPLAY is in CAPS.
HTH

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99
G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3400 DIMM RAM F4-3400C16D-16GTZ
$140.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Micron 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V Desktop RAM MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6E1
$140.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00