Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 3Com Wireless USB Network Asapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    3Com Wireless USB Network Asapter

    I have a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g USB Adaper (3CRWE25411G72) and I'm trying to get it to work in knoppix. According to the ndiswrapper page my card uses the prism54 chipset and IS supported by ndiswrapper. I have tried using the knoppix ndiswrapper config tool with two drivers (the original drivers from the cd and the latest drivers im using in windows) both tiems i get the message that the driver was loaded but there was no new device found. since ive used 2 kinds of drivers I dont see what the problem is, is there another way to get this card recognised and working other than using ndiswrapper? The device (sort of) appears in lsusb. it appears as 3Com Corp, but that's it. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance :>

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62

    Re: 3Com Wireless USB Network Asapter

    Quote Originally Posted by MadBassist
    I have a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g USB Adaper (3CRWE25411G72) and I'm trying to get it to work in knoppix. According to the ndiswrapper page my card uses the prism54 chipset and IS supported by ndiswrapper. I have tried using the knoppix ndiswrapper config tool with two drivers (the original drivers from the cd and the latest drivers im using in windows) both tiems i get the message that the driver was loaded but there was no new device found. since ive used 2 kinds of drivers I dont see what the problem is, is there another way to get this card recognised and working other than using ndiswrapper? The device (sort of) appears in lsusb. it appears as 3Com Corp, but that's it. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance :>
    Your problem, from what you have said, [i]might[/b] be the fact that loading ndiswrapper successfully is not sufficient to get the card working. You also need to configure the card to talk to your network/internet.

    What other steps have you taken?

    What does typing iwconfig in a Root Console tell you?

    The other thing you can do, is try to do it completely manually. The steps how to do this is in my sticky post Success with Knoxppix 3.6 and Wireless Networking. This might give you other ideas

    I hope to help.

    Grant D. Vallance

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    hi there, I've tried the steps shown in that thread, but my wireless adapter does not appear I've tried even more versions of the drivers now but none of them work. when i use the Root Shell and type iwconfig, I get the following:

    lo no wireless extensions
    eth0 no wirelss extensions

    This is before AND after I've tried loading the wireless driver using ndiswrapper. hrmmph. maybe i shud just get a pci card because tehy are better supported?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBassist
    hi there, I've tried the steps shown in that thread, but my wireless adapter does not appear I've tried even more versions of the drivers now but none of them work. when i use the Root Shell and type iwconfig, I get the following:

    lo no wireless extensions
    eth0 no wirelss extensions

    This is before AND after I've tried loading the wireless driver using ndiswrapper. hrmmph. maybe i shud just get a pci card because tehy are better supported?
    I would not give up just yet.

    However, unfortunately, I don't know much about the intricacies and pitfalls of getting USB wireless to work. My knowledge solely stems from getting a PCI and Cardbus card to work on a desktop and laptop respectively.

    If I get some time soon, I'll look into it, but I have a chapter deadline coming so it cannot be for a couple of days. Hopefully, in the meantime a real Linux guru will be able to help.

    Cheers,

    Grant D. Vallance

Similar Threads

  1. 3com PCMCIA network card
    By mborchorst in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 12:37 AM
  2. 3Com Wireless and Knppix v3.3 How to?
    By BigM in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
  3. 3Com Wireless og Knppix v3.3
    By BigM in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
  4. 3Com 11g Wireless LAN working!
    By HedRat in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:29 AM
  5. 3Com 3CRWE62092B Wireless NIC
    By pvdbor in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4" Wi‑Fi 128GB 8GB RAM Tablet Silver

$255.00



Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C picture

Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C

$252.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung Power Button Board w/ Ribbon Flex Cable, Black, EBR86049709 picture

Samsung Power Button Board w/ Ribbon Flex Cable, Black, EBR86049709

$60.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE 10.9" 128GB WiFi SM-X510 Silver - Read Description

$170.99