Did you ever get any information about this? I recently have been compiling some programs, which require MOTIF also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Freitag
:>
I have install openmotif (apt-get install openmotif) in knoppix 3.4, but only can use it with knoppix user, not like root (that is what I need). In others distributions (like rh9) this never gives me problems.. what can I do to use openmotif as root??
this is the message that gives me (in a tcl program that use motif, this works with knoppix user):
Error in startup script: invalid command name "wm"
while executing
Did you ever get any information about this? I recently have been compiling some programs, which require MOTIF also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Freitag
:>
A quick update;
I just installed the apt-get install libmotif
and the .gz tar file for openmotif.
Cheers,
Bill

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99