Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Will the ATI All-Inwonder pro work with Knoppix.. If so how

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    Will the ATI All-Inwonder pro work with Knoppix.. If so how

    Hi,

    I am really new to knoppix. I have been using Linux for a while tho.. I am curious if it is possible to get the ATI all inwonder card to work under linux. It is the all inwonder 128 pro built on the rage chipset..

    If it is possible to get it working please let me know.. thanks

    forgot the lspci sorry...

    mikejn1@mikejn1:~$ "lspci -v
    >
    mikejn1@mikejn1:~$ lspci -v
    0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133] (rev 03)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 8
    Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133 AGP] (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
    Memory behind bridge: d8000000-d9ffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d4000000-d7ffffff
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 40)
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686/A PCI to ISA Bridge
    Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 0
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT8233/A/C/VT8235 PIPC Bus Master IDE
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
    I/O ports at d000 [size=16]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 1a) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. (Wrong ID) USB Controller
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at d800 [size=32]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:07.4 Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)
    Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI]
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RT8139
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
    Memory at da010000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:0a.0 Communication controller: Conexant HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Conexant Dynalink 56PMi
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 12
    Memory at da000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)
    Subsystem: Creative Labs SBLive! 5.1 Digital Model SB0220
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
    I/O ports at e400 [size=32]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:0b.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev 0a)
    Subsystem: Creative Labs Gameport Joystick
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
    I/O ports at e800 [size=8]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:00:0c.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Lucent Microelectronics FW323 (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: Actiontec Electronics Inc: Unknown device 5811
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
    Memory at da011000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PF/PRO AGP 4x TMDS (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro AIW AGP
    Flags: bus master, stepping, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    I/O ports at c000 [size=256]
    Memory at d9000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    mikejn1@mikejn1:~$

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    mikejn1,

    As a quick answer, I would say yes, yes it will work...

    Now, "how" can you make it work ?

    ( 1 ) - Check in KMenu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Display -=- and see if the card already has drivers for your video.

    ( 2 ) - If no drivers "already" exist in Knoppix, for your video, then the following "should" get you working ( I used to have Knoppix running with a ATI All-In-Wonder, so I know it works )

    ( 2a ) - Check the ATI web site, for drivers for your video card. You will probably need to be hard drive installed, since you will have to compile and insert the drivers...

    ( 2b ) - download, compile, and insert, drivers into the system. Make any config changes to activate drivers, and test.

    You might want to use the Search Knoppix.net box above, and place your video boards model in it. I did this, and found many posts about the "all in wonder", then select a description that closely follows what your doing. You can also see if anyone has had problems with this board in Knoppix, and possible resolves.

    Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    ATI Video card.. will it work with knoppix

    Ok.. I am new to linux / knoppix and I am not sure how to get the drivers and complile them..
    If anyone could walk me thru doing that I would appreciate it

Similar Threads

  1. Getting knoppix to work on a P1
    By Aphot in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 11:33 PM
  2. knoppix does not work from my cp
    By slurp in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:24 AM
  3. Will Knoppix work on my PC?
    By acnxero in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:07 AM
  4. How I got Knoppix to work
    By Mundaize in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 09:32 PM
  5. Soundcard Yamaha don't work under K3.3, work under K3.2
    By Mokoshi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$400.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro

$79.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$79.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36