Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Text boot colors...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    Text boot colors...

    How do you change the text colors on the boot screen when all the info is rolling by the screen?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    How do you change the text colors on the boot screen when all the info is rolling by the screen?
    I don't know exactly how you, rrfish72, might use this information to change a running HD install of Knoppix/Debian but here goes ....

    I boot with Knoppix 3.6. I used cheatcodes to being me to a runlevel 2 prompt:
    Code:
    knoppix 2 nodma vga=normal
    Once it brought me to a prompt, I copied the minirt24.gz file from /cdrom/boot/isolinux to /home/knoppix
    Code:
    cp /cdrom/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz /home/knoppix
    I changed to the /home/knoppix directory and extracted the minirt24 file.
    Code:
    cd /home/knoppix
    gunzip minirt24.gz
    Then I made a temporary directory and then I mounted the minirt24 file on top of that directory.
    Code:
    mkdir temp
    mount -t ext2 -o loop /home/knoppix/minirt24 /home/knoppix/temp
    Once that is complete, I entered the temp directory and noticed that it contained a script named linuxrc. I used a text editor (I use vim) and took a look at the file. I found that it is the script that outputs and colorizes the bootup messages. It uses the bash shell color codes to give each line a color.

    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Boot text too dark
    By stry_cat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2006, 05:06 PM
  2. silent boot (no text at all during boot)
    By probono in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:58 AM
  3. Logo.16 colors pass to the text!!
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 07:02 AM
  4. how do i boot into text mode?
    By jerome187 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2003, 05:17 AM
  5. colors during boot sequence
    By vampylestat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00