-

Originally Posted by
Markus

Originally Posted by
greygooseplz
Works!!!
Glad to hear it.
I think it was the knoppix26 alas-intel8x0
AFAICT knoppix seems to have recognised the i8x0 as ac97 instead.
One of the strogest points in Linux seems to be the community...
I couldn't agree more.
Ok, im about to reinstall to my HDD
again ...How will i enter this code? i wont get that boot option again wil I....? I should know by now, as many times ive installed knoppix...
You should enter all the cheatcodes at boot when about to install to hd.
If alsa doesn't work anymore after the install try:
su
cd /etc/init.d
./alsa-autoconfig
sound worked after HDD install without any work
I had to turn off CUPS printing though...I kinda guessed on it (NO CUPS)
I kept getting a INIT :ID Respawning too fast disabled for five minutes...Over and over again...
Before I fixed that problem I booted with the 2.4 kernel, it worked but I had NO MOUSE...arggg!...
I tabbed my way to the forums typed thhat complete error from Cups and then couldnt "tab" onto the submit button
So i booted up with the live cd and the internet didnt work
So I just guessed on a few commands to disable CUPS and my second guess was NO CUPS, it worked...
I still got sound, at least....
now I cant figure out how to install any of my games/software...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-4191.html
Which of those would I need...?
Similar Threads
-
By docbill in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM
-
By pgk3734 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-30-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 04:31 PM
-
By rblanken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By myrrdex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99