-
Wireless Connection
Hi,
I am new to this linux system. The problem I am having is that it doesn't want to connect to the internet. I have a Toshiba A70 which has a atheros Super G PCMCIA card (default). As for the wireless router, it is a linksys wireless B with WEP set. On the laptop I have tried ifconfig to set a static ip address (192.162.1.192) and set the mask correcetly (255.255.255.0) as well as the gw (192.162.1.1). I tried using the utility wavelan configuration utility to set up the WEP and everything. Going into WaveMon show that some signal is being recieved but I can't get on the web. Am I doing something wrong or have a missed a step? Thank you in advance.
-
Make sure the interface is up with ifconfig.
If it's not, bring it up with ifconfig eth0 up (assuming it's eth0)
Run wlcardconfig. Leave everything default except for the WEP key (enter yours) and see if that helps.
If that works you can change back to dhcp and run pump -i eth0 since you will need a name server too or add your name servers to resolv.conf.
-
Check your essid on the router. I have a linksys access point and the default essid is NOT "default" Also try no WEP until you get it going.
Cheers
Ted in Atlanta
Similar Threads
-
By synal in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By mimi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
-
By Windancer in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By jcalvert in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99