Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: BIOS pwd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4

    BIOS pwd

    Sry if this thread doesn't belong here,
    dont really know my way around yet.
    I know this doesn't have anything to do
    with knoppix but I am just hoping someone
    will come through with a sol.

    I have a problem resetting the Bios password.
    The BIOS make for the Machine is:
    Phoenix Rom BIOS Plus Version 1.10 AO3

    The Computers can boot from Floppy so I ran Knoppix-STD
    using a MasterBoot disk, all went well... Fired up cmospwd
    so it could recover the passwd, my problem starts here,
    when it gives the password it prints out this:

    Code:
    CRC pwd err
    now does this mean I should try out CRC 1st if that doesn't
    work then try out the other Strings individually or should I put in the
    whole thing including the spaces, I tried it all out but it doesn't work.
    So i decided I would Kill the BIOS password since the passwd I had wasn't
    working.
    cmospwd killed the Bios allright but it didn't Delete the passwd.
    The problem with this is that the BIOS wont detect any of the Drives on the Machine anymore. and with this now I cant even boot knoppix-STD because the Machine hasnt detected any of the hardware so I still need the BIOS pwd.
    btw I have already tried "phoenix" as the Backdoor pwd.

    I hope I have provided enough info on this.
    help would be much appreciated on this.
    TIA

    -xtoor-

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    There is usually a jumper or pair of solder points to short while powering up the computer to reset BIOS to factory defaults (blank pw). Google your motherboard for the manual if you don't have it and try that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    I recently had to use that jumper method to reset the bios password. It worked great. Did exactly what mmaki suggested - googled the motherboard and found the right points.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4
    thanks mmaki,
    I will wait a day or two for other suggestions.
    because i am hoping there is another way to get
    the pass.
    It would really be a pain to disassemble all the cases
    in the LAN.
    ty anyaway.

    -xtoor-

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    Your bios isn't supported by cmospwd,according to the readme.
    It's not suprising that it messed up your bios.
    Direct from their readme

    What to do if cmospwd don't work on your PC ?

    Try to clear password with cmospwd /k.
    If cmospwd /k doesn't work, password is stored in an EEPROM. Try to find a
    reset jumper on your motherboard or contact your PC vendor.
    Sounds like you might need to do some disassembling.
    Hope your boss/girlfriend/parents aren't too mad.

    That was an error code you got,btw.It's in the source of the program.

    Good Luck

Similar Threads

  1. BIOS damaged
    By KNOPPnHOPP in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 11:14 PM
  2. BIOS won't boot from DVD
    By samo21 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:58 AM
  3. BIOS Config
    By vikramkr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:34 AM
  4. BIOS problem
    By twiistedkaos in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 07:27 AM
  5. Dell BIOS
    By Systems in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD picture

10GbE pfSense Firewall VPN AES QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 32GB DDR4 256GB SSD

$220.00



Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter picture

Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter

$74.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00