There is usually a jumper or pair of solder points to short while powering up the computer to reset BIOS to factory defaults (blank pw). Google your motherboard for the manual if you don't have it and try that.
Sry if this thread doesn't belong here,
dont really know my way around yet.
I know this doesn't have anything to do
with knoppix but I am just hoping someone
will come through with a sol.
I have a problem resetting the Bios password.
The BIOS make for the Machine is:
Phoenix Rom BIOS Plus Version 1.10 AO3
The Computers can boot from Floppy so I ran Knoppix-STD
using a MasterBoot disk, all went well... Fired up cmospwd
so it could recover the passwd, my problem starts here,
when it gives the password it prints out this:
now does this mean I should try out CRC 1st if that doesn'tCode:CRC pwd err
work then try out the other Strings individually or should I put in the
whole thing including the spaces, I tried it all out but it doesn't work.![]()
So i decided I would Kill the BIOS password since the passwd I had wasn't
working.
cmospwd killed the Bios allright but it didn't Delete the passwd.
The problem with this is that the BIOS wont detect any of the Drives on the Machine anymore.![]()
and with this now I cant even boot knoppix-STD because the Machine hasnt detected any of the hardware so I still need the BIOS pwd.
btw I have already tried "phoenix" as the Backdoor pwd.
I hope I have provided enough info on this.
help would be much appreciated on this.
TIA
-xtoor-
There is usually a jumper or pair of solder points to short while powering up the computer to reset BIOS to factory defaults (blank pw). Google your motherboard for the manual if you don't have it and try that.
I recently had to use that jumper method to reset the bios password. It worked great. Did exactly what mmaki suggested - googled the motherboard and found the right points.
thanks mmaki,
I will wait a day or two for other suggestions.
because i am hoping there is another way to get
the pass.
It would really be a pain to disassemble all the cases
in the LAN.
ty anyaway.
-xtoor-
Your bios isn't supported by cmospwd,according to the readme.
It's not suprising that it messed up your bios.
Direct from their readme
Sounds like you might need to do some disassembling.What to do if cmospwd don't work on your PC ?
Try to clear password with cmospwd /k.
If cmospwd /k doesn't work, password is stored in an EEPROM. Try to find a
reset jumper on your motherboard or contact your PC vendor.
Hope your boss/girlfriend/parents aren't too mad.![]()
That was an error code you got,btw.It's in the source of the program.
Good Luck

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99